Born on January 7, 1818 in Sankt Silveter, Switzerland, professed on October 18, 1837. He was elected Superior General or Rector Major during the General Chapter of May 2, 1855, at which he was present as Superior of the Province of Gallico-Helvetica. During his administration the Holy See erected the house on Via Merulana in Rome as the central house of the Congregation and entrusted to it the original icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help. After the reunification with the Redemptorists in the Kindgom of The Two Siclies in 1869, Father Mauron became Superior General of the entire Congregation. He died on July 13, 1893 in Rome.