(Curitiba, Brazil) The Covid-19 pandemic developing in Brazil is causing an increasing number of infected, sick, and deceased people. But that’s not all. Besides fears for their health and the health of their loved ones, many people are worried about the future. The number of unemployed people is increasing, the extent of poverty is increasing.
Our group of 12 Redemptorist Postulants is engaged in pastoral outreach on the outskirts of the city of Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil, especially in the favelas.
Our work involves:
– More than a thousand lunch boxes a week.
– More than two thousand basic food baskets a month.
– Almost three thousand liters of alcohol gel.
– Solidarity Economy Project: generating jobs and income for the poorest.
– Defense of marginalized women.
It is a way to live our Charism during this hard time of Covid 19. Our students are very focused on this ministry with the abandoned people.
God bless all people of goodwill!
Fr. Joaquim Parron Maria,
Redemptorist Missionary, Campo Grande Province, Brazil.