Rome, February 11, 2015
Greetings from the members of the Secretariat for Formation of CRE.
At the beginning of this new quadrennium we wish to invite you to a meeting of all the formators from CRE.
We are aware that there may be some changes of formators in some Units during the early months of the year.
We held our first meeting for all formators from CRE in Krakow in 2013, and we decided that every second year or third we will meet to discuss formation in our Conference.
Our next meeting will be in Dublin in Ireland from 2nd to 4th of September 2015. The day of arrival is 1st September, the day of departure is 5th of September.
We invite all Vocation Promoters, Prefects of Postulancy and Prefects of Students, Novice Masters and other Redemptorists involved directly in initial formation.
Below you can find the preliminary agenda of our meeting.
2.09.2015 – First Day (Wednesday)
– Welcome, information, logistical matters
– Report of the Secretariat for Formation of CRE. (Last two years from the last meeting of the formators in Cracow)
Reports from the Units:
– numbers of the formandee at every stage,
– the challenges which you face,
– the work of the Secretariat for Formation in your Unit,
– any concrete suggestions in which the Conference or Secretariat can help
3.09.2015 – Second day (Thursday)
Fr. Alberto Eseverri – the President of General Secretariat for Formation
– The concrete ways in which the General Secretariat for Formation can help formators and formandee.
– What was done in GSF in these past three years?
– The second part of the Manuel for Formators (information also about the contents of the first volume)
– The new articles for formators prepared by GSF from 2011 (descriptions, issues, the most useful and practical information for the new formators)
– Collection of Communicandas (formation issues)
Work in linguistic groups (about morning presentation, our expectations, questions etc.)
Courses for formation in Europe (do we need them in Europe, in which languages, etc?)
Afternoon – Sightseeing
4.09.2015 – third day (Friday)
– (if we will not finish on the second day) GSF continue – how to help formators in their work
– Our future – discussion and questions
– What issues do we wish to present to the General Chapter in 2016? (Our voice for the whole Congregation)
– Common Meetings of our formandee (participation in WYD Krakow 2016, Year of Consecrated Life, Pilgrimages, OMPH Jubilee)
– Courses of Spiritual Renewal before Perpetual Vows and Transition to Ministry
– Meetings of Formators in South and North (do we need them?)
– Other issues
You are very welcome to add some issues which concern you. It would help if you send us your suggestions before the meeting.
The address of our meeting: Marianella, 75 Orwell Road, Rathgar, Dublin 6.
Flight/travel information should be sent by 15 July to:
Tony Rice CSsR, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person in Dublin Province is:
Tony Rice CSsR, mobile phone: +353(0)863578646, email: email@example.com
Cost of the meeting will be: €180 per person.
(There will be no extra cost if you come early or stay later – but contact person in Dublin just needs to know your plans in advance).
We look forward to our encounter together and we hope that our meeting will give us the possibility of sharing, learning and improving our work in all the areas of formation.
On behalf of the Secretariat for Formation in CRE
Fr. Jacek Zdrzałek, C.Ss.R.