Logo Design Competition
Our Mother of Perpetual Help Jubilee Celebration 2016
Competition: Rules and Guidelines
The Commission for the 150th Anniversary of the Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help is conducting a logo design contest. The details about the contest and the guidelines are given below.
Who can participate?
Confreres, the Redemptorist family and associated Congregations; Redemptorist lay associates, collaborators and those who partner us in mission and those with a great love for Our Mother of Perpetual Help.
Deadline for submission of entries is 31 July, 2014 Midnight GMT.
- The winner of the contest will be recognized by the congregation, and the logo will be used worldwide in promotion of the great event which is to take place in 2016
- The winner will be awarded a special copy of the Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help as a memento
- In appreciation to the efforts made by the winner a cash prize of Euro 300 also will be given by the Commission
Occasion and purpose
The Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help is without doubt the most universally loved Icon in the Church. It appeals to all cultures, languages and even to those of a different religious tradition. This 150th anniversary is a time for us to rekindle our love for and devotion to Our Mother of Perpetual Help, even as she accompanies us in the mission of evangelization. It must also be an invigoration of the mandate given to the Redemptorists to ‘Make Her Known’. We hope that the theme already chosen and that the Logo to be designed will communicate this Anniversary for what it is: a time of grace.
Theme: Mother of Perpetual Help – Icon of Love
A graphic design should include the image of Our Mother of Perpetual Help and reflect the theme: Mother of Perpetual Help – Icon of Love
Submit files according to the following specifications.
Entries not meeting these criteria will not be accepted.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that the total of the below may not exceed 10mb.
1. A single image file including both black and white and color versions of logo on a white background (no transparency), in .jpg or .gif or .png format, placed in a 400×600 pixel format with a resolution of 72 dpi.
2. A single multi-page pdf set for high resolution, containing the following in this order and with the following page restrictions:
- Page 1: logo in color
- Page 2: logo in black and white
- Page 3:&4: logo shown in use (e.g. webpage, invitations, reports, T-shirt…)
- Page 5: documentation (summary description or explanation of logo symbolism, designers intent)
- Page 6: short biographic information of designer
3. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out above. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
Judging and selection of the winner
The General Council, along with an appointed committee of experts will judge the contest and decide the winner.
Copyright And Patents
- By entering this competition, the designer expresses his/her willingness to give the rights to The Redemptorists to use each submission for promotion of the Our Mother of Perpetual Help 150th anniversary Committee Initiative.
- Unless a submission is selected as the winner, each designer retains all intellectual property considerations associated with their submission.
- Entries should not violate any intellectual property, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
- By admitting their entry the designer certifies that the entry is original, created solely by entrant, and no other person or entity holds rights to the entry and its components.
- The entrant is responsible for the the images used to demonstrate the usage of the logo which cannot include copyright protected material. The entrant must have the rights for all the texts and images used in the submitted work.
The competition is being managed and organized by Our Mother of Perpetual Help commission Rome and the Office of Communications. All contact must be made with the following address:
Fr. Brendan Kelly, OMPH Commission, Via Merulana 31, Roma 00185, Italy.
Vice Secretary General: email@example.com