Father Steve Benden and Father Gil Enderle
Our Mother of Sorrows Church in Biloxi was founded in 1914 by the Josephites, an order of priests, to serve the needs of black Catholics. Rev. Steve Benden, a Redemptorist priest, was assigned to the church in September 2014. Serving with Benden is the Rev. Gil Enderle. After the devastation of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, St. John and St. Louis parishes were combined to form Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos parish in Biloxi. Our Mother of Sorrows Church is a substation of the main parish. The Redemptorists assumed administration of the parish in 2005 and continue to maintain it. The Jubilee of our Mother of Perpetual Help was celebrated with great enthusiasm and fervour in Our Mother of Sorrows Church.
(the Sun Herald)