From 14 to 17 August 2017, the meetings of the Latin American and Caribbean Conference Council and the Apostolic Plan and Restructuring Commission took place at the Parish of St. Alfonso, Urb Santa Anita, Lima, Peru. These two groups will work together on the processes of the Restructuring of the Conference over a period of six years.
In the picture there are (from left to right):
1. Father Victor Edezio Tittoni Borges, President of the URB, member of the Conference Council and member of the Apostolic Plan and Restructuring Commission.
2. Father Marcelo Concienzao Araujo, C.Ss.R., elected Coordinator of the Conference of Latin America and the Caribbean and from January 2018 ex officio member of the Apostolic Plan and Restructuring Commission.
3. Fr. Grimaldo Garay Zapata, C.Ss.R., member of the Apostolic Plan and Restructuring Commission.
4. Fr. Rogério Gomes, C.Ss.R., General Consultor and ex officio member of the Apostolic Plan and Restructuring Commission.
5. Father Maurizio Pizarro Buitrago, President of URSAL and Member of the Conference Council.
6. P. Manuel Rodríguez Delgado, C.Ss.R., Coordinator of the Conference of Latin America and the Caribbean and an ex officio member (until January 2018) of the Apostolic Plan and Restructuring Commission.
Confreres who were absent in the meetings:
1. Fr. Enrique López, C.Ss.R., member of the Apostolic Plan and Restructuring Commission.
2. Fr. Felipe Santiago Burgos, C.Ss.R, President of URNALC and member of the Conference Council.
These days we have reflected on the decisions and proposals of the XXV General Chapter in its third phase and the decisions of the Fourth Assembly of the Conference of Latin America and the Caribbean, which met in May 2017 in Marianella, Bogotá, Colombia.
We have analyzed and structured the many important requests for documents to the units, sub-conferences and the Conference Council. In addition, the various organizations and activities of the Conference were planned, for example, the Congress of moral theologians, the meeting of charitable institutions, the Redemptorist School Congress, the Redemptorist Brothers’ Meeting, the WYD in Panama, Commission of redeeming lay people, etc.
The meetings also specified the tasks, functions and activities to be carried out by the Apostolic Plan and Restructuring Commission. At different times we met with the two major superiors of Peru, PP. Guillermo Ramírez Livia, C.Ss.R. And Narciso Chinguel Flores, C.Ss.R.
Very soon, proposals and decisions will be shared with all members of the Conference.
We have lived these days in an environment of prayer, fraternity, joy and hope that helps us with the process of restructuring. We thank the Vice Province of North Peru and the Redemptorist community of St. Alphonsus in Santa Anita for their warm welcome and hospitality.
Fr. Grimaldo Garay Zapata, C.Ss.R.