On September 11, 2016, at St. Mary of perpetual help Church in Cham (Bavaria), two Novices of the Province of Vienna- Munich professed their First Vows.
Frater Anton, was born near Gars and met Redemptorists on a mission in his home village. Frater Klaus, was born in Cham and served more than 15 years as an altar server in the Redemptorist Church of Cham. After their professional training and work, they started the postulate in Cham and Würzburg. They made their novitiate in the German-speaking novitiate in Attnang-Puchheim (Austria).
The vows were received by Provincial Fr. Alfons Jestl, CSsR.
The monastery Cham was founded 1900, and is a retreat house.
Redemptorists work here in the church, do healthcare chaplaincy and lead the Sodality of the Blessed Virgin Mary Cham, which has more than 700 members. The church was painted by Frater Max Schmalzl CSsR and is an important example of Nazarene movement in art. Schmalzl also worked in San Alfonso and San Gioacchino (Bavarian Chapel) in Rome.
Fr. Peter Renju, CSsR